Skip to content

No COVID-19 Cases In Thunder Bay

Thunder Bay’s Health Unit is reminding the public that our city doesn’t have any confirmed cases of COVID-19.

Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Janet DeMille says the case in Fort Frances was in a person who had been travelling.

“Who acquired the COVID-19 virus through travel, a cruise ship and I think a city in the United States, I think New York so that’s a travel-related case,” DeMille adds.

Thunder Bay’s Health Unit is urging those who travelled recently to self-isolate for 14 days and DeMille stresses it’s vital to help stop the spread of the disease.

“This means staying at home and not moving around in the community, and monitoring for symptoms,” DeMille says.

DeMille notes it’s important not to pay attention to social media rumours or websites claiming to be news of potential cases of COVID-19. She stresses they will let the public know if there is a confirmed case in our city.

The health unit official notes they’ve done 32 tests for COVID-19, 16 came back negative, and the others are still awaiting test results.

You can find out the latest from the Thunder Bay Health Unit about COVID-19 by clicking this LINK.

How do you know if you are sick?

How do you stop it from spreading?

The Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre has implemented restrictions as well. Only one person is allowed to visit any patient at any time and that person must be designated by the patient.

Public and Catholic schools in Thunder Bay will be closed until at least April 5th. Confederation College and Lakehead University have suspended classes this week in order to formulate an online learning plan for students.

  • Scott is an award-winning journalist with over 40 years’ experience. Scott has a passion for politics, sports and his community. Contact Scott at pettigrew.scott@radioabl.ca.

    View all posts

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to ONNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Thunder Bay
11:42 pm, May 17, 2026
weather icon 9°C
L: 9° H: 9°

What’s Trending