Skip to content

Second-Degree Murder Case Back In 2 Weeks

The court process progresses for the suspect in the city’s first murder of 2020. 34-year-old Courtney Marie Labelle is due back in court in two weeks’ time on February 21st.

A routine video court appearance was made by Labelle. The 34-year-old is accused of second-degree murder in relation to the death of her 11-year-old son.

Police were called to a home on Victoria Avenue on January 1st of this year and laid charges shortly after.

A second victim in the New Year’s Day incident was a 59-year-old man who was treated and released from the hospital.

Police told us at the time they discovered there had been a fight between a woman and the two victims. Police add there wasn’t anything they were aware of to suspect this would happen in the Victoria Avenue home, and what happened in the house is not simply a new year’s party that went wrong.

There is a media ban limiting what can be said in this court matter.

  • Scott is an award-winning journalist with over 40 years’ experience. Scott has a passion for politics, sports and his community. Contact Scott at pettigrew.scott@radioabl.ca.

    View all posts

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to ONNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Thunder Bay
11:27 pm, May 17, 2026
weather icon 9°C
L: 9° H: 9°

What’s Trending