Skip to content

Boys & Girls Club Playing Camp Waiting Game

The Boys & Girls Club of Thunder Bay is waiting to see the specifics for camps reopening this summer.

Executive Director, Albert Aiello says they are interviewing for staff and have a template in place from 2020 but one caveat remains before any chance to ramp up preparation.

“Numbers is a huge thing for us,” Aiello says. “Numbers dictate the number of staff that we need and how we divide up the facility.”

The Boys & Girls Club have the capabilities to handle 110 kids per day and approximately 300 over the summer months. The coronavirus pandemic forced the centre to scrap plans last summer.

The Boys and Girls Club did briefly lend a helping hand for the continuation of virtual learning in late March, but voluntarily shut down the venture on the direction of the Thunder Bay District Health Unit.

Premier Doug Ford unveiled earlier in May that camps would reopen, but no details have been released.

  • Originally from southern Ontario, Jason found his way here and fell in love with the community and music scene of Thunder Bay over twenty years ago. In between various stints on radio, television and writing, Jason is a dad, a partner and (some would consider) a zoo keeper (seriously, he has a LOT of pets).

    View all posts

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to ONNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Thunder Bay
5:23 am, May 19, 2026
weather icon 4°C
L: 4° H: 4°

What’s Trending