Skip to content

Third Case Of Coronavirus Confirmed In Ontario

Ontario has another confirmed case of the coronavirus.

The province’s Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David Williams says the person is located in London, Ontario. It is the third case of the illness in the province and the fourth in Canada with that one being located in British Columbia.

Dr. Williams says even with this latest case, the risk to Ontarians contracting the illness remains low.

Canada’s Health Minister Patty Hajdu says “the individual is doing well and is in isolation.”

The World Health Organization has deemed the coronavirus an international emergency.

Other countries are declaring confirmed cases as well, which includes the United Kingdom with its first two, and Germany has its fifth.

As the disease, originating out of China, continues to slowly spread to more people, more airlines around the world are temporarily suspending flights to China. Air Canada made that move earlier this week.

  • Originally from southern Ontario, Jason found his way here and fell in love with the community and music scene of Thunder Bay over twenty years ago. In between various stints on radio, television and writing, Jason is a dad, a partner and (some would consider) a zoo keeper (seriously, he has a LOT of pets).

    View all posts

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to ONNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Thunder Bay
12:24 pm, May 19, 2026
weather icon 7°C
L: 7° H: 7°

What’s Trending